Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome Letter to Parents

Dear Parents;

It's hard to believe but it's that time of the year again - the beginning of a new school year. Welcome back! And while you aren't part of the teaching staff at Isaac Bildersee JHS-68, you are just as important to your child's education as we are. We have a very busy and exciting year in store for us!

Let me first introduce myself. I am Mr. Simeon, and I am your child’s Social Studies and Technology teacher. I have been teaching at IS-68 since 2001; therefore, this will be my eighth year and I consider myself very fortunate to be among such a professional and dedicated faculty at the school.

Your child receives the best education when you and I work as a team. It's a parent’s enthusiasm, support and involvement that inspires children to do their best; and a teacher's ability to teach what they need to learn. Together, we can achieve wonderful things.

I realize that teaching your child is a privilege, as well as a tremendous responsibility. I will do my best this year to ensure that your child has a motivating and safe learning experience in my classroom, room 223. However, I cannot do this alone. I need your help. We both need to be partners in the learning process. I need you to encourage your child at home by helping to ensure that he/she has completed his/her assignments, and help him/her study for quizzes, if necessary. I will keep you informed of all assignments and topics that are covered in class with a weekly or daily (if time permits) update on my blog at: http://www.mrsimeon.blogspot.com/

In closing, I encourage you to fully embrace the moment and urge you to take the time from your busy schedule to become familiar with my classroom, as well as create a homework-friendly home environment that will allow your child to excel. Thank you for your commitment to your child's education, and I look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Please, visit my blog address as often as you can or E-mail me at: mrsimeon@hotmail.com

Sincerely yours,

Mr. Simeon
teacher Social Studies & Technology

No comments: